Taiwan Taipei Mission

Taiwan Taipei Mission

Monday, March 23, 2015

Learning Patience

Family & Friends!

I don't have much time today because we are meeting up with our mission leader and the Elders and going to an art museum and a temple in XinZhu so I will write as much as I can! 

I was able to skim through the family emails. Sounds like everyone is doing great! Bryan, I know you will be a great district leader! Mom and dad, thanks for sending me a package! I look forward to getting it! 

For this week, it went by really fast and definitely had its ups and downs! 

Remember that guy I told you about that stopped us when we were riding our bikes home? well, we were able to meet with him twice this past week. The first time we met with him, our member who came to the lesson with us told him about everything about the church and then when she found out he had work on Sunday and couldn't come to church starting getting really mad and asked him why he didn't keep the sabbath day...haha so that was a really rough lesson. But we were still able to invite him to be baptized and he accepted if he comes to find out if our message is true! We set a goal for April 18. The second time we met with him, we went back through the 1st lesson-Restoration to clear some things up that our member confused him about.  He loves the part about families and thinks families are very important. Unfortunately, we found out he is not in our proselyting area.  He is either in Zhunan, MiaoLi, or Taichung-the other mission). He is originally from Taoyuan and going to college up here. Sadly this week, we are going to have to transfer him to the missionaries in his area...but, they will take care of him! Fan XianXiang is so prepared! 

We also had a really good lesson with Lu JieMei. We taught her the plan of Salvation. Xu JieMei was our member present and she was phenomenal! She cleared up so many questions Lu JM had and shared her conversion story. Xu JM converted because of the plan of salvation. When she was younger, her sister got hit by a car and passed away and when the missionaries came in contact with her when she was in college, she came to know that it was true! Lu JM favorite part of the plan of salvation was the resurrection. This subject is new to everyone here but she thought it was really neat that we could have a perfect body and reunite with our spirit. She told us she would come to church after a long discussion about the importance of coming to church but sadly, she didn't come. We called her right before sacrament meeting and she told us she was busy. Hopefully next week she will be able to come.

Thursday and Friday we had exchanges with the sister Training Leaders. I was able to learn so much from them. I went to XinZhu and spent the day with Sister Murri. Sister Murri is such an amazing missionary! I learned so much from her about using every minute wisely and dedicating all my time to serving the Lord. One thing that was really neat was we were following up with some potential investigators on Thursday night and we were able to teach one. Her surname is Huang and we were able to share with her how to pray and who Jesus Christ is. We were also able to set up a return appointment with her! She is currently in high school and is the sweetest! 

Gan JM is also progressing. She says she feels really good when we visit and discuss the gospel with her and when she prays and reads the scriptures. We are still having a hard time having her attend church. That is the hardest thing here is for people to make the time to come to church. 

Church yesterday was really good. I still can't understand like anything and the members are so sweet. On their phones or iPads, they always pull up the English talk we are discussing in relief society so that I can somewhat follow along. Yesterday in relief society we discussed the talk, Lord, Is it I? I love that talk! Sister Fisher and I also had to teach Gospel Principles yesterday. We talked about the Atonement. I never really understood the importance of the atonement in my life until I came on my mission. Christ truly does understand each and every one of us perfectly. He is there always, with His arms open wide to comfort us and to help us. Turn to him daily. I promise you He loves you!! 

Often times it is very frustrating to not be able to understand/speak with the people. I feel like a baby trying to talk to adults. If there has been one thing I have learned from the trial of not being able to speak very well it has been patience. I know that Heavenly Father called me to Taiwan for a reason. Part of that reason is to learn patience. Patience has been a hard attribute to acquire my entire life and now at age 19, I am finally learning the importance of patience. 

I love you all so much! Thanks so much for the prayers in my behalf! 

Love, 
Sister Haacke

PS. My crazy question about the chicken place was for an elder in my district. haha he is from Pocatello and this is his last transfer in Taiwan.  He went to this chicken place like 7 years ago in Idaho falls and was wondering if it is still there...haha and thanks for answering all my questions!! 

Dad, have fun in Taiwan! And no, I haven't found the store for Melaleuca yet here.  But Sister Fisher says she knows where it is. I will go there sometime! :) If there is anyone that lives in Toufen that works there and wants to know about the gospel, let me know..haha :)

 Exchanges with Sister Murri.

 Tracting on Sunday.  The gardens people have here are amazing!!
 
Amy (Recent Convert) and I at the Branch FHE last Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment