Taiwan Taipei Mission

Taiwan Taipei Mission

Monday, June 29, 2015

Staying in TouFen

This week was another fast hot, humid (I don't know how I am surviving the heat here) week! I can't believe how fast the time is going by! I start my 4th transfer in Taiwan (6 total in the field) today! Yes, I am still called to serve in TouFen. On Friday we had transfer meeting and everyone was invited to go because it was President and Sister Day's last time to say goodbye everyone till they finish their service as Mission President this Tuesday. It was a great meeting but I'll get to that in a sec. :)

SO for the biggest news this week, Chen DX got BAPTIZED AND CONFIRMED!!!! It was the neatest service. Being able to see the gospel change his life has been so so neat. He has personally gotten rid of his previous addictions, given up smoking on his own, drinking on his own, etc. the list goes on and on. He is a very nervous and shy person. It was the neatest thing. He wrote out his testimony to share after he got baptized and it was a simple but spiritual testimony. He went through all the commandments--especially the Word of Wisdom and promised he would follow the commandments. He is so grateful for how the commandments have changed his life. 

This last week, while on exchanged with the Sister Training Leaders, we had a great lesson with Huang Qian Wen. We discussed faith and read part of Nephi building the ship and the faith he had even when those around him--his older brothers--didn't believe he could do what the Lord commanded him to do. Huang JM applied Nephi's experience perfectly to her life. She knows she needs to build her courage to tell her parents-in-law she wants to attend church. I'm so grateful for the privilege I have to help Huang JM come unto Christ. 

This week, we have also had tons of time to do finding. Many of the investigators we have been previously working with have become 'other investigators' or formal investigators because of their lack of interest. Sister Cardon and I have really been focusing on finding those who are ready and prepared to hear our message of the Restored Gospel. After many hours of finding and not much success, we had the HUGEST miracle occur. We knocked on a door Saturday night. Zhang XianShang came and opened his garage door and started talking to us. He has many Christian friends at work and seemed really interested. We were talking with him for some time and his wife was watching us from the window. After about  5ish  minutes she came outside and invited us all in. There, we were able to answer some of their questions--what is the difference between all the Christian churches and why there are so many, etc. (basically all the questions that are answered by the first lesson) and we taught them how to pray. Before we left, Zhang XianShang said such a neat prayer. It was his first time. He said in his prayer that he is not yet Christian but that he is grateful for the chance he has to learn about Christianity. Jiang XiaoJie (His wife) is also super cute and really nice. They have a 2 year old daughter. We invited them to Church the next morning and to our branch activity that occurred last night. They came to the branch activity and totally fit in! The members we great to introduce themselves and make them feel welcome. And their daughter loved playing with all the children. Definitely a huge miracle Heavenly Father gave us to end this last week. We have scheduled an appointment with them this Thursday night at 8 and I can't wait! I really feel good about them! 

Lastly, Transfers...We receive Transfer calls Wednesday night and transfer meeting is on Friday. To be honest, I was pretty sure I was going to be transferred from TouFen. I was shocked when we got the call Wednesday night that Sister Cardon and I were both going to be staying in TouFen. At first, it was really hard for me to hear this news. I love TouFen but I had many times this last week where I thought I just didn't know how to help this area continue to progress. But, the words, "The Lord has a lot in store for you in Taiwan" said from President Day in my quarterly interview kept popping up in my head. I prayed for Heavenly Father to give me comfort to know I am supposed to stay in TouFen. I know Heavenly Father has answered that prayer. Over the last few days, I have seen several things take place that have made me realized I am still here for a purpose. I am excited for this next transfer. To continue to help the individuals in Toufen. I love this place with all my heart. I know this is where Heavenly Father needs me to be. 
But, because of what I said up top, we were able to attend transfer meeting. This transfer meeting, we welcomed 4 new missionaries into our mission and 26 missionaries honorably finished their missions--included in that 26 is Sister McKenzie Smith (my college roommate) she gave an AMAZING closing testimony. I will miss her so so much. I was able to go on exchanged with her once during my 2nd transfer on island and I learned so so much from her. I hope she will come visit you when she goes back to school in the fall at BYU-I. President and Sister Day also gave their closing testimonies. I am so sad to see them go. I love them with all my heart. They are such amazing Mission Parents. I know their time is up in Taiwan but I plan to keep in contact with them as they continue to live their lives back in Tennessee. We welcome our new President, President Jergensen and his wife and 14 year-old twin boys to our mission on Tuesday, June 30. 


I want to wish you all a Happy 4th of July! Have so much fun! Make sure to send lots of pictures!!

Love you All!! 
Sister Haacke
Us and Chen DX, Qiu DX baptized him. Lai DX is also pictured. He got baptized a couple weeks ago. Chen DX and Lai DX are pretty good friends and have be taking the lessons together since the beginning of my 2nd transfer here.
 
 Sister Cardon and I and Chen DX after his baptism.

A member Xu JM and an investigator, Maggie, from Miaoli that came with our District Leader and his companion to attend the baptism. Xu JM said she might know you dad..?!
 
We went to Lion's Head Mountain again last Preparation day!  (Next four pictures.) It was really fun! Yes, and there were spiders everywhere! 





At our branch activity tonight, we had a talent show and this little girl, Wang Zi Wei (8 years old) played the cello! It reminded me of all my musically talented siblings at home! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment