Taiwan Taipei Mission

Taiwan Taipei Mission

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Love, Love, Love!

FAMILY!

Sorry, I would have told you last week but we didn't know..this week was temple week and so our preparation day is today, Wednesday, instead of on Monday! This morning we were able to go to the temple and it was FABULOUS! I LOVE the Temple. The peace, guidance, comfort, you feel there is absolutely amazing..and it is so rejuvenating! I just love it! 

The last week and a half have been incredible. 

Our investigator, Liao JM, is getting baptized TOMORROW! I am so so excited. The first time meeting her was on July 15 and she is getting baptized 15 days later. I have never every met such a prepared person. The member, Cai JM, who is her friend and been 'preparing' her over the last year and so Liao JM pretty much already knew a lot of things. One of the most touching experiences with Liao JieMei this week was that yesterday we met with her and watched the Joseph Smith Restoration video with her, Cai JM, and she also brought her 5 year-old son. The Spirit was so strong the entire time. At the end of the movie, we looked over at her son and he was crying a little bit. At first I thought it was because he was scared of Sister Cardon and I because he is really shy but after Liao JM took him to the restroom and came back she said her son told her he was crying just because he felt like shedding a tear...PRICELESS! Her 5 year-old son felt the Spirit. SO neat. I can't wait for tomorrow. 

Sunday was definitely a highlight! President Jergensen and his family attended TouFen branch! It was mostly because he came down Sunday morning to meet with Liao JM to give her her interview and then since our sacrament meeting was at 9, he stayed. The branch LOVED having him and his family there. (We also took a picture all together and it should be on the blog). Pres. Jergensen bore his testimony in sacrament meeting and invited all the members to work more with the missionaries--invite all their friends, family members, co-workers, everyone to come to church with them and meet with the missionaries. It was a great invite because I feel like TouFen would really benefit with the help of the members. Member missionary work in every ward/branch is SO important. Especially when friends bring friends into the church--it is so neat. 

Last week, we also went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. I spent a day serving in XinZhu with Sister Jenkins. She is an amazing missionary and I learned so much from her. We laughed so much together. She is so fun. Probably the thing I learned most from her was how to laugh more and have more fun in missionary work. It was honestly one of the funnest day on my mission--with miracles on the way. We met a new family they will begin teaching, and a woman, Tong JM, who has so many questions and right as we were about to leave, Tong JM said, right now I am Buddhist but I am totally open to changing my believes. MUSIC to a missionaries ears! 

Other than that, it was just a normal week of proselyting. We had to drop a few of our investigators this week because they are not progressing at all and one of them also broke up with us..it is always sad dealing with this but it just means that miracles are going to be seen. Our family, Zhang JiaTing continue to learn more about the gospel. Zhang DX has been to church 3 times and has brought his 2 year old daughter twice. Jiang JM hasn't come yet though..we aren't quite sure why...They are both taking this very seriously though and I can't wait for the day they are going to accept a baptismal date. They are going to be great members some day. :) 

Just yesterday I had a really big testimony strengthening experience. We knocked on a door I knocked on quite a while ago and didn't get let in. But yesterday, we got let in and got to meet Lin TaiTai. She attends the Zhanglao Jiaohui (Presbyterian Church) and as soon as we started sharing about the Book of Mormon, she got really freaked out and started telling us how we worship Mormon and how in the Bible it talks about how there should be no other books of scripture other than the Bible. When I heard these words, my heart dropped. We bore powerful testimony and explained more about the Book of Mormon. The spirit literally came flooding into the room and Lin TaiTai seemed to understand a bit better. We are going back next week and hopefully will be able to clear up all the rest of the false anti she has heard. I love the Spirit. It works miracles. 

I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is TRUE. I know this because I have studied, pondered, and prayed. I love what I do. I love being a missionary. I love Taiwan. I love the people here. I love being able to represent my Savior, Jesus Christ, every day! 

Have a fantastic week!! 
Love, 
SISTER HAACKE
 
 We went to the beach last week with a Less-active on preparation day. This says Jesus loves you!
 
 Sister Jenkins and I while on exchanges.
 
 Sister Cardon, Liu JM (a less-active), and I eating dinner together a couple nights ago. 
 
 My beautiful companion, Sister Cardon, and I this morning while we were waiting for the MRT. 

We were able to visit a member on the 11th floor of the hospital this week (she takes care of an old lady and she is currently in the hospital) and this was the view. I love where I serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment