Taiwan Taipei Mission

Taiwan Taipei Mission

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Talents Revealed

I keep forgetting to mention, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA H.!! I know it was a couple weeks ago but I hope you had a great day! Hugs and Kisses from the MTC :)
It's so good to be able to write home again and tell you all about how I am doing!! First off, I'd like to thank Marilyn for the goodies she sent me and grandma and grandpa for the fruit! It was definitely a treat! Also thanks family for sending me some sock buns (I LOVE them!), some treats, and school pictures!! Marissa, Lachlan, and Alexa--you are all growing up so fast! You all look so grown up in your pictures! I love them! They are hanging by my bed. Thanks so much for the cute little pumpkin also. I LOVE it! It's our Halloween decoration. :)
Elder Haacke: I loved reading your email this week. You seem to be doing great! I am so proud of you and you are a huge example to me! Keep teaching the people of the Philippines. They sure need you there right now! :) Your spider story and getting locked out was pretty funny! but you ruined your clothes just trying to get into your apartment?! haha Do you see those huge spiders everywhere? I look forward to reading your email next week! Keep pressing the work forward!
Here are the highlights of my week:
Mom you're going to be proud!! This last week, I went and checked out some music, called No Ordinary Man. On Saturday night, my whole district and I went to a room and I played a whole bunch of random hymns and my district sang to them. It was so cool and then I sight read No Ordinary Man. It's going to be a really pretty song. Sis Moe sings to it and it is so pretty! Sis Moe and Sis. Allen threw me under the bus on Sunday (Yesterday) and they told the sister in charge of music that I play the piano. So I am playing next week in Sacrament meeting. I don't know how to play any of the songs we are singing so all my free time this week (which is like little to none) will go to practicing for Sacrament meeting. And in Sacrament meeting, we sing in Chinese so it will be a little different, but I'm excited! I loved playing the piano! I hope that I will be able to play in Taiwan as well. 
On Monday the oldest Sisters and Elders in our zone left for their reassignments in the U.S while they wait for their visas to Taiwan. Saying goodbye was hard. We get so close. Luckily, I will be able to see a lot of them in Taiwan. Next week another group of Elders and Sisters will be leaving our Zone. Most of them are going to England or Taichung. The Taichung missionaries also received reassignments in the States while they wait for their visas. After they leave, we are next in line to leave. Time here flies by!! I've already almost been here for a month! 
On Wednesday we were able to host the new missionaries! It is so fun. There was a lack in Sister Host's so we had to take two Sisters at a time as they were dropped off. It was crazy! We get to host again this week which will be really fun!
Here at the MTC, I am learning and growing so much everyday! The Spirit is so strong! It is my companion and I love it! I am so happy here. On Friday, we had teacher interviews with Brother Chia. (Xie Lao Shi) He asked me what I like most about the MTC and I said being able to feel the Spirit always. And how happy it makes me feel. He smiled and said how he misses that so much. He just returned 4 months ago from Taichung, Taiwan Mission and he said how jealous he is of all of us having that extra comfort with us all the time. You can still have the Spirit with you all the time not being set apart as a missionary but he says that it is so different. 
Kind of a funny story: Tuesday morning, we had three hair dryers going in our room. I thought it was a good idea to use two blow dryers to dry my hair and Sis Lindsay was using the other one and we blew the circuit. Yeah the power went out. And what was even better is that it was only out in our room. Sis Lindsay used the hand dryer in the bathroom to finish drying her hair..It was pretty funny. We also blew it again on Sunday morning--on complete accident. I guess for some reason it doesn't like three hair dryers going all at the same time. :)
Our lessons this week also went really well. When we taught Su Di Xiong on Tuesday, it was so powerful. Even though they are "fake" investigators, the Spirit is still so strong. We bore simple but powerful testimonies of the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I learn so much daily from personal study. 
I love my district so much. They are my second family. We get along so well. We do everything together. I truly have been blessed with an amazing companion and district here at the MTC. I definitely couldn't do it without them!
Yes, mom and dad Bryan did get pulled over. I was always waiting for Tyler to post that picture on Instagram but he never did! and then I totally forgot to tell you guys before I left! :) No, he didn't get a ticket! :) Just a lecture :). Funny story also about devotional last night. At the very beginning he was having us raise our hands for certain questions and then he said, "Who is disappointed in the way BYU is playing?" I (having heard about the Boise State game) raised my hand with a few others. He then asked, "Who's not disappointed?" Several people raised their hands and he said, "You must all be Utes fans!" Everyone laughed :) 
I love it here. It truly is a blessing to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!! 
I Love and miss you all so much!! 
Love, 
Sister Samantha Haacke 

 Sis Lindsay and I before we hosted on Wednesday.

 Playing  and singing Saturday night.

Our district yesterday on our Temple Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment