Taiwan Taipei Mission

Taiwan Taipei Mission

Monday, September 14, 2015

Challenge

MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!
This week was absolutely AMAZING?!?! When it is not, when you are serving in the most beautiful area with the best companion!?!?!
But first, Casey is home?! Where did the last two years go? That is crazy. It sounds like he had a great homecoming talk. Also, MARISSAAA!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! You are going to be so FAMOUS. I am proud of you! and I loved reading all about the crazieness of your life this last week. Lachlan, another big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! One day, you'll get a tall trophy too :) Just keep working hard!! Alexa, youre getting SO tall! I am so glad you had so much fun at the fair. Mom and Dad, thanks so much for the detailed email.  Yes, I did read the entire email and I loved it so much.
Bryan, I LOVE also reading your letter from last week. You and your companion are working so hard and doing your best to build up God's Kingdom there in Amulung! Sure LOVE you ALL!!

Where do I even begin, this week was absolutely amazing...I'm going to change things up a bit and use mostly pictures to share my week..so bear with me...with all the emails for today!
But first, as I continue to grow closer to my Father in Heaven, I have really come to realize how grateful I am of all the many blessings I have in my life. Someone shared Mosiah 7:33 with me this week;
"But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage." Mosiah 7:33
I know when we serve our Heavenly Father with ALL purpose of heart no matter if we are serving a full time mission or not--this can include attending the temple, doing family history work, monthly fulfilling our visting teaching, hometeaching, and church calling responsibilities, reading the scriptures and praying daily, having FHE every week, etc., we are promised we will be DELIVERED and FREED from bondage.
This week, my invite to you all, serve the Lord with ALL purpose of heart, might, mind, and strength. We are given only one opportunity here on earth, to show our worthiness to our Heavenly Father that we want to return to His presence. When we serve our Heavenly Father first, everything else falls exactly into place. I know this to be so true. 
Everyday when I get out of bed, I feel like I am in a dream. Doing this work makes me so happy. I love it. I know this church is true. I LOVE you ALL!!!

Last monday, we went to another beautiful beach here on the east coast of Taiwan--San Xian Tai (三仙台). 林弟兄 was so willing to take us again. We had a great time. The beach is so calming, peaceful, and can I just say, TAIWAN IS BEATIFUL!!! 我愛台灣!!!!!
 
 
Tuesday, we took our last trip, to the hosptital to check on Sister Wrights reports and everything came back good.  Can I just say, the hosptials here are so convienent!?!?! All the doctors are in one place and you just use your medical card to wait in line for a doctor.
 
 The weather this week has been so beautiful. We spent some of our lunch time sitting out on our balcony enjoying the view and of course, eating ice cream.  (Above and below.)
 

 
 AND this week we spent some time up in the mountains spreading the gospel to the people in ZhuoXi. What a beatiful place this is.
We had to climb a pretty big hill up, but the miracles we totally worth it. We originally went up there to visit a potential investigator 高姐妹 who is 10. On our way to her home, we stopped and talked to a family who were sitting out enjoying the evening and we set up for Sunday afternoon to go visit them, had an amazing lesson with 高姐妹, and on the way back, knocked a couple doors and met another 高姐妹 who is in her 60s and so hungry for the gospel.
The 10 year old 高姐妹 (gaojiemei)'s dad was extremely drunk the whole time we were there. It was so hard for me to watch as this 10 year old girl had to literally push her dad inside their home and help him lay down on the floor. Even though he was extremely drunk, he was really nice to us and told us he wanted his daughter to be baptized into our church. it makes me so grateful we have the Word of Wisdom.
Anyways, Sunday, we went back to ZhuoXi. First, visited the 林家庭. We met with two sisters and their cousin. Most of the people where we went finding in ZhuoXi are surprisingly Catholic because there is a Catholic church right there but they are so open to hearing about our gospel. We simply taught the message of the Restoration and they paid attention so well. The oldest, 15 year old, asked so many good questions and we could really tell she was really wanting to understand and know for herself.
We went to go visit the 10 year old 高姐妹 but she was shopping with her mom so we had some finding time..We met a cute girl who we are going back to meet with later this week, and ran into the Jehovah Witnesses. It was my first time today where I got to experience us knocking on doors and the Jehovah Witnesses basically right after us. :) but, we of course stayed our distance and said hi to them.
Lastly, we went and visited the other 高姐妹. What a neat lady. about a year ago, she suffered from a stroke and ever since then, her husband, 黃弟兄, has had to take care of her. She talked so highly of her husband and we told her we really wanted to meet him. Literally 5 minutes latter, he gets home and we were able to sit and talk to them, hear some of their life stories and share the first half of the Plan of Salvation. 高姐妹 already says the most powerful prayers. What a privileged Heavenly Father as given me to serve in this beautiful area. I love this. SO much.  (Above and below.)


  
And last, a random picture while finding this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment