Taiwan Taipei Mission

Taiwan Taipei Mission

Monday, September 28, 2015

Invitation

My dear family and friends!!

A transfer has come and gone already! The last 6 weeks have gone by SO fast!! But, this transfer was extended a week so transfer meeting isn't until this Thursday. I am praying Sister Wright and I can stay together for at least another transfer. I have absolutely loved being with her!! And in this cute, tiny town of YuLi! This transfer ended off on one of the best weeks we have had here in YuLi!! Sister Wright and I ended this transfer with giving out 105 copies of the Book of Mormon!! At the very beginning of this transfer we thought, how cool it would be if we got 100 and we handed out our 100th yesterday + some more! How great it is that Heavenly Father sees our diligence and efforts and rewards us!!

Gao JiaTing has set their Temple Sealing for October 17th at the 11am session I believe. It is so neat to be able to have the opportunity to help this recent family prepare to be sealed for time and all eternity. They have the cutest 2 year old who they will also be sealed to.

This week was full of miracles in and of itself. Our investigator, Zhu JieMei, she doesn't even have a desire to drink alcohol or chew binlang any more at all. She has completely broken her 30+ year addictions. What a miracle. She ate the nut part of the binlang this last week on accident more of just out of habit but quickly realized the mistake she made, prayed, asked for forgiveness, and has promised to never for the rest of her life drink or chew!! She even leaves her home every night for hours to go exercise to avoid the temptations of her husband and his friends as they drink, smoke, and chew in and outside their home. The change in this woman is absolutely incredible. What a privilege Sister Wright and I have had to teach her the Restored Gospel and see how this gospel has changed her. I love her!! 

We also began teaching a Mao JiaTing a couple weeks ago--the mom and daughter--and they, especially the mom, is very prepared. This last week, they didn't keep their commitment to read the Book of Mormon and pray so, we read the beginning of the Book of Mormon with them. Mao JieMei understood it all and understood how to relate what we learn into our daily lives. We expressed the importance of her coming to know the truth for her own. She knows she needs to read and pray everyday. It will just be something she is to slowly adjusts to.
Do you remember me sharing about a Ba JieMei last week, well we went and visited her this week because she has decided to move home and work at the hospital here in YuLi and we started reading the Book of Mormon with her again. At the beginning she asked if we could stay for 3 or 4 hours and read with her which we told her we couldn't but after about 30 minutes, she was getting really bored and asked if we could switch books. haha She is changing though--slowly but surely. She grew up in China and still won't say her own prayers unless we tell her exactly what to say. We hope this week that that will change.

This week we also had the opportunity to visit a former investigator and her two daughters who are 7 and 2. Her husband is in the army and stationed in TaiDong so only is able to come home every couple of weeks a couple days at a time. Ma JieMei was raised in the Presbyterian Church and the reason why she had to stop meeting with missionaries last year was that her grandparents and parents found out she was meeting with missionaries and forced her to travel up to HuaLian every weekend to attend church with them. When we visited with her this last week, she explained that her husband knows she is meeting with us again and she just really wants to know more about Jesus Christ and His teachings. So, we will see what happens!! I'm telling you, this area is exploding right now!!

As for myself, I am loving my mission. I can't believe another transfer has already come and gone. The time seems to go by WAY TOO fast! I am grateful for the companion that I have. We work well together and I continue to learn from her everyday. She is an amazing, inspired missionary. I love her. I am also grateful for my personal growth in learning the gospel, listening to the Spirit, and helping those in YuLi receive the Gospel. What a special privilege it is to serve in this great day and age. I am grateful for personal study every morning in which we can base our studies around our investigators but also learn for ourselves. This week, I did an activity from the back of Chapter 4-Recognizing the Spirit in Preach my Gospel. As I continue to learn how the Spirit speaks to me, it has been easier for me to allow my feelings to be expressed in lessons and talking to people on the street. As we learn from the teachings of Alma in Alma 5:45-46

 45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
 46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.

The Holy Ghost has a very powerful and important role in each of our individual conversions. There is always more to learn in the church. Remember the simple things, 1. Pray daily: Heavenly Father truly wants to hear from us. He loves us and is concerned for our welfare. 2. Read from the Scriptures DAILY: No matter if you are on vacation, busy with work, busy with the everyday living of life, we need to remember to study the Scriptures. I can promise you, every time you open to read, you will learn something new. 3. Attend Church every week.
As Missionary, I invite individuals to do these three simple things everyday. Yes, if we are not in the habit it can be hard to start. But, I invite you, diligently strive to fulfill these three things and adding a fourth to attend the temple as much as possible--whether it is to do baptisms for the dead or an endowment session. The temple truly is the House of the Lord where we can be filled with his love, care, and comfort.
I love you all so very much. Thank you for your continued prayers, support, and love I feel from each of you!!

Sister Haacke
  
We love Selfies...Bike ride coming down from ZhuoXi.
  
 ZhuoXi

After Church.  A member bought us some new clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment