Taiwan Taipei Mission

Taiwan Taipei Mission

Monday, February 29, 2016

Jesus the Christ

My dear family and friends! 

FIRST OF ALL, and most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you are 10 years old!!!! Where has the time gone by??!?! You are growing up WAYYYY to fast! I sure love you though!! 

This week I finished the book Jesus the Christ! I absolutely LOVED reading it over the past several months slowing learning and reading more about our Savior, Jesus Christ, His teachings on the earth, how to apply the parables He taught, His death, His birth, the prophesies before his birth, the Resurrection, Apostasy, Restoration, The Second Coming, etc. I love the very last sentence in the entire book where it is talking about the Second Coming and after the Millennium, it says, "Then shall he (Jesus Christ) be crowned with he crown of his glory to sit on the throne of his power to reign for ever and ever. The earth shall pass to its glorified and celestialized condition, an eternal abode for the exalted sons and daughters of god. Forever shall they reign, kings and priests to the Most High, redeemed, sanctified, and exalted through their Lord and God, Jesus the Christ."
 I know we all have the potential to be these exalted sons and daughters of God. He loves us. He wants us to be there and live with Him forever and ever. I know only in and through the Savior, Jesus Christ is this possible. By us, applying His Atonement to our lives, repenting daily for our sins and mistakes, and trying our best everyday to become better. I am so grateful for this gospel and the opportunity I have to share it with all the world--well, right now all the people of Taiwan! 

As I was studying for someone we were planning on meeting with this week, I came across these scriptures when Aaron was teaching Lamoni's father the gospel:

 15 And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea,what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy.

 16 But Aaron said unto him: If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest.

After Aaron had taught Lamoni's father some of the gospel about the plan of Salvation and how through this Plan, we can receive our Salvation-Eternal Life, exaltation, he wanted to take part of this JOY and HAPPINESS. Lamoni's father went and asked Heavenly Father for himself if the things he were taught were true and he got his answer. Like him, we through this gospel, can find TRUE joy and happiness. Follow the gospels teachings. Live the commandments and we will be blessed, we will prosper, and we will be saved at the last day!!

As for missionary work, we met with someone we met on the street last week. Her English name is Joy. 陳巧珮 is so cute.. We met with her, taught her the Plan of Salvation. She told us that ever since she was little, she has loved crosses and she hasn't ever really known why. Joy comes from a Buddhism background but she is really open to learning and expanding her knowledge of Christ. She has thought a lot about the questions that the Plan of Salvation has answered and she said that she has actually thought it was really similar to what we taught but without the resurrection part. She is really neat. She is in her 20's and currently looking for a new job so has quite a lot of time to meet. During the lesson, our member, Lu JieMei, invited her to be baptized and we set a goal for April 2nd! We are hoping to meet with her again for the second time tomorrow! 

The Temple was absolutely phenomenal last week. President and Sister Jergensen attended with us.  I was able to sit next to Sister Jergensen during the session. I look up to her so much. She is such an amazing woman. Just like my mom :) And then they made some waffles for us after in which we enjoyed eating and chatting with other missionaries. 

I hope you all have a great week! I can't believe how fast time is going! The snow is melting away and spring is going to be here and gone before we know it!! 
I love you all!! 
Love, 
Sister Haacke


 Before the temple last week, we went to the great Chang Kai Shek Memorial Hall and watch the changing of the guards. It never gets old! I love it!
  

 

 


 This is 蘇姐妹 (Su JieMei). She is in our ward and was companions with Erica Lindley when she served in TaiZhong! There are actually two members from my ward that served as companions with her!

 Going home last night after meeting with a member and her two daughters. :)  Elder Payne, Sister Wong and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment