Taiwan Taipei Mission

Taiwan Taipei Mission

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Temple Tours

My Dear Family and Friends, 

It's really early in the morning right now but I am extremely EXCITED because TODAY we get to go to the TEMPLE! I feel like I haven't been forever and I am so looking forward to being able to go. This week was a bit of a challenging one. But, I don't want to dwell on that too long, so I'll share some tender mercies and miracles we saw! 

On Thursday, Sister Wong and I got to go spend the day doing temple tours in the chapel next to the temple. When we got there, there was a man sitting inside the chapel. We started talking to him and he is from China. He came to Taiwan to have a more 'peaceful' Chinese New Year and to just take a break. Well, he came in contact with the church in Hualian and wants to be baptized so bad. He had been studying with the Jehovah Witnesses for a while but he didn't really like their concepts on family. Well, he met our church and LOVES every aspect of it and wants to be apart of it. He has talked to one of the Elders in the mission office about it and they are trying to figure out plans for him to schedule a time to go to Hong Kong and be baptized there. He was telling us about how all his family thinks he is crazy for wanting to join a Christian church and they oppose, but he doesn't care. He knows this is what he needs to do!!
We also gave a tour to an investigator some other Elders brought in who is getting baptized in a week. When we were in front of the picture of Christ being baptized, we asked her why she has the desire to be baptized. She said, "Because that is what Heavenly Father wants me to do and I want to follow His council." What a pure, simple, and true statement. 
We also had a neat experience where some other Elders brought in one of their new investigators. Her husband is about to pass away from Parkinson's Disease. She is so calm about it though and knows this is what is best for him. She herself has had some near death experiences. When we shared Joseph Smith's first Vision with her, the Spirit was so special. After I recited it, she breathed in really deep and said she really knows what it means when Joseph was explaining the brightness of the light. God has been preparing her and now is her time to come and learn and accept the gospel. 
The temple grounds are so so sacred! I am so grateful for the temple we have in Taiwan!

Last Monday we met with our investigator, Zhu DX. We had a great lesson explaining more about the Book of Mormon and answering his questions. He is a man who is very afraid of people and it really stresses him out. It stresses him out meeting with us because he is really afraid to go to church and be around so many people. We talked more about his concerns and then after his lesson, we went all together to our Bishop's house for FHE and Elder Payne made us all hamburgers. There wasn't a ton of people there, but after we sat for a while outside talking to him and going through his stress. Heavenly Father has blessed me with some experiences like what he is going through when I was younger. It took me this long though to figure out why I would get so nervous in junior high and part of high school. But, I was able to connect to him and share what I have done to overcome these fears. We continue to encourage him and we will see what happens over the next few weeks. 

We had a few neat lessons with some new investigators which we will see what happens with them this week. Sadly, no one came to church but we are hoping we will be able to get some investigators to come with us this next week. We are continuing to find and be more inspired while finding. We met a really neat lady in a park on Sunday afternoon who has no understanding of Christ but wants to learn! 
Another neat miracle is we were finding on Saturday afternoon and I went and talked to a man waiting for his bus. We first invited him to English class and then gave him a restoration tract. His bus came and as he was going to get on his bus, I asked for his number, as he was walking and getting on the bus he said his number really fast and I hoped that I wrote it down correctly. Well, we were at the chapel Saturday night about to watch a short movie with some RC's and LA's and guess who walked in?! This man we met. He said on the bus he looked through our tract. He wants to learn more. We taught him how to pray, gave him a book of Mormon, and set him up for tonight. He has yet to confirm his appointment as of right now but we are hoping we can get a hold of him!

I continue to learn more and more everyday. I am grateful for this challenge Heavenly Father has given me. I often think why I am experiencing the things I am everyday but I know it is because only through these experiences am I going to learn the things that Heavenly Father wants me to learn.  An RC shared this scripture in Sacrament meeting on Sunday:

"And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." Alma 36:3

It is really similar to one of my favorite versus in Alma 38:5...Alma is just talking to one of his other sons. :) I know when we trust in Heavenly Father's plan and try our very hardest to continue moving forward and learning from every experience, we will become who Heavenly Father wants us to come. 

Family, It is hard to hear of the passing away of Buddy. I am so sad to hear that he left this earth before I had the opportunity to meet this adorable dog. I know we will be able to see him again though! Know I am praying for you all!! 

LOVE YOU ALL!! 
Thank you so much for your support and all your prayers. I can feel them. You all give me so much strength. I love you all so much! 
Love,
Sister Haacke
Hamburger making.
 
 I saw Jenson from Tao4 at JinHuaJie on Thursday!!
   
 This little boy is absolutely adorable.

 


 AMY! She leaves on her mission soon!! I miss her so much!!
  
 The man from China who wants to get baptized.
  
 Sister Wong makes us lunch and it is SO good! I am so grateful for her!!!!!!!



 This family we ate with has a Noah's Ark just like home! I told them I felt like home when I saw it and they all laughed and convinced me to take a picture by it and send it home :)
 
 Also, I remember Dad sending me a picture like this when he ate with some missionaries when he was in Taiwan! We went to 101 (but not to the top last week because of the weather).

 FHE last night at Bishop's house. It was the Lantern Festival yesterday and so we made TangYuan's.
 

 

 
 

 
 We ate lunch yesterday with Bishop's wife.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment